Photo Session Information & FAQ's
The Portrait Process
It may have been a long time since you last had your portrait done, so things may be done differently since then. Also, we may do things differently than other studios ... so here is how our process works:
- You contact us to make an appointment and choose the Studio, Outdoors or location of your choice
- You (or whomever else is in the portrait) have your portrait done.
- Within a few days your photos are ready for viewing/ordering.
- You choose the images you want and place your order. (cash, cheque, credit cards accepted).
- We complete your order and inform you when it's ready (usually a few days)
- You pick up your order or we can arrange to have it delivered.
Did you Know? - Prints made at most department stores are rated to last only 30 years?
- We use archival Photo Lustre Paper that is rated to last 100 years!
- We can print whatever size you need, from 2 inches x 2 inches to 2 feet by 4 feet. We can also laminate each photo using a dry laminate process that protects your photos from fingerprints, tears, moisture and fading.
All print sizes are available. The following are standard sizes:
- 2 x 3 (Wallet)
- 3.5 x 5
- 4 x 6
- 5 x 7
- 8 x 10
- 11 x 14
- 16 x 20
- 20 x 24
- 24 x 30
Please contact us for the our complete Size & Price List
Volume discounts may apply to multiple quantities of the same image
Custom framing is available
Family Photo Session Clothing Tips
- Decide on a formal or casual look, then choose the wardrobe accordingly
- Simplicity works!
- Solid colour, long-sleeve tops are best. Long pants are best as well.
- Dressing identically works best but is not necessary. If you choose light tops, then everyone should be wearing light tops. If you choose dark pants, then everyone should wear dark pants. The very best wardrobe choices seem to be single tones for both tops and bottoms.
- Do not wear bright colours such as bright white, yellow, logos and patterns.
- Light clothes look better on light backgrounds and vice versa. For variety you can bring both light and dark clothing depending on the backgrounds we go with.
- Make sure clothes are ironed.
- Wear clothes you feel good in and flatter you.
Children's Clothing Tips
- Keep it simple. The more complex the outfit the more likely it is the part that will be out of place during the photo session.
- Select an outfit that doesn't compete with your child for attention when you look at the image. Strong primary colours or contrasting black & white colours are not good as they tend to overpower the focus on the childs face. As a rule of thumb, put light colours together and darks together. Midtones can go with either light or dark.
- Patterns are fine if they are very subdued. A strong pattern competes with your child for attention. So avoid bold stripes, plaids and big emblems or designs.
- Shoes are optional. In most cases, bare feet are preferable.
The most important thing to remember is that your photo session will be fun!
We will provide you with everything you need to know prior to your session.
Can we make suggestions for our photography?
- Yes - absolutely! We would love to help you personalize your images by incorporating your suggestions, ideas and preferences.
How do I book a session?
- Just send me an email with the date you have in mind and we'll go from there.
What does "Lab Ready Retouching & Editing" mean?
- Each image is adjusted for colour balance, exposure, and cropping. If you ordered any of your Photos on a Photo DVD, the Photos are made ready to be printed at any reputable Lab, hence the term, "Lab Ready".
What does "Premium Retouching & Editing" mean?
- Our optional Premium Editing takes your images to a whole new level. We go through each image on the computer to individually adjust colour balance, exposure, contrast, sharpening and cropping. We will also retouch any blemishes, adjust for smooth and radient skin, remove stray hairs, brighten eyes, whiten teeth, diminish wrinkles and retouch any other distracting elements that may be present, so when we send the images to our professional print lab, you get exactly the image you want. Our Premium Editing service produces higher quality photos than other vendors who only provide the "Lab Ready" level of editing.
When will I receive my pictures?
- Delivery of your digital images will be three to six days. The actual time will depend on the package you select. Your photos will be password protected on-line for you to review and select the ones you'd like printed.
Do you provide negatives/image files?
- Yes - You can order a CD or DVD with all the digital images you select. You will own the Discs and have exclusive rights to unlimited printing, website use & sharing, and to supply relatives and friends with copies or prints.
For more information and/or to book a photo session, please send us an email on the Contact Us page.